All posts by trav

At the heart of it all, I’m a fan. A fan of books and bookstores. A fan of fiction and non-fiction. A fan of authors and publishers. And most of all I’m a fan of great conversations sparked by books. All that to say - I really need more bookshelves.

Harry Penguins

Yet another edition of Cover Revisionist History, a designer has redesigned the Harry Potter books as Penguin Classics editions. I have a confession to make: I have not read the Harry Potter books (but I have seen almost all the movies, if that counts). But from what I remember, the images chosen for the covers are iconic enough to work. What’s really fun is that the designer says”Due to multiple requests I am making these images available as prints”. So that’s cool. I wish more of what I find when trolling the interwebs could be mounted on my wall.   

Harry Potter cover 

Movies as retro book covers

Caddyshack book cover

Here’s a collection of popular movies reworked as retro book covers. The illustrations on these fanboy covers are fantastic and all look like something I would not be surprised to run across in a used book store.

Nina Simone is still the best

So I was catching up with Moleskinerie last night and found this fontastic video of Nina Simone’s “Feeling Good” the posted. It’s a great song to listen too as you peruse all the notebook porn they have to offer. I will forever use the pocket plain notebook, but this three cashiers mod is pretty snazzy… but then again, maybe I overthink the whole notebook thing… nah…

[daily]x6xtaa[/daily]

Tweet your books into your LibraryThing Account

I consider myself a Twitter newbie, but I know I will be racking up the tweets in the weeks ahead, as LibraryThing has just added Twitter integration. That is, you can now add books to you LibraryThing account via Twitter. The set-up process is very straight forward as are the tweet set-ups.

I’m ready to go, but I don’t have any books to enter. All mine are already cataloged… something that needs to be remedied this weekend!