There is a neat thing going on over on a network of Tumblr book blogs where they are sharing Ten Books That Stayed With You. It all started on this site and hasn’t lost any steam. Lots of good books being mentioned.
I like the idea of “don’t think about this too hard” and “take a photo of the ones you have near you”. I don’t Tumbl (or is it Tumblog? How do the cool kids say it?) so I thought I’d just post mine here as I can’t find a way to jump in without being on Tumblr. These are ten books that I have found myself quoting or sharing more than others. There are a couple of others as well, but I borrowed those from the library. So they were cut from the running simply because they weren’t available for the photo shoot.
In no specific order:
- Kavalier and Clay by Micahel Chabon
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- The Information Diet by Clay Johnson
- Book Business by Joseph Epstein
- The Professor and the Madman by Simon Winchester
- Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman
- So Many Books by Gabriel Zaid
- Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
How about you? Do you find you have books that have stayed with you?