All posts by trav

At the heart of it all, I’m a fan. A fan of books and bookstores. A fan of fiction and non-fiction. A fan of authors and publishers. And most of all I’m a fan of great conversations sparked by books. All that to say - I really need more bookshelves.

Alphabet Drawers

File this under “W” for “I WANT”! I saw the fontastic Alphabet Drawers over on Freshome and had to share. How cool are these? I think they’d look great on the table by a reading chair or just about anywhere.

Hatch Show Print in Birmingham

Sadly, I have not been able to make it to Hatch Show Print. This pains me more than I can express here on my little site. But thanks to the Birmingham AIGA chapter, I get to enjoy Hatch Show Print coming to me!

Thursday, June 25th at Bottletree Cafe, Jim Sherraden will be there to show off and talk about letterpress, art and the Nashville shop that’s been in business since 1879.

The event is slated to run from 6p-8p. See you there!

Remains of the Day – the Musical

I found Kazuo Ishiguro‘s Remains of the Day by way of the Anthony Hopkins movie and then read the book. Both are fantastic and this book has long been a favorite of mine.

While, admittedly, I lack the vision that it takes to see this Booker Prize winner translate into a musical, I am very excited about more people discovering Ishiguro’s work. Who knows, maybe I’ll even get to see it one day.

Book Review: Web 2.0: A Strategy Guide

Web 2.0: A Strategy Guide by Amy Shuen (O’Reilly Media)
Like everyone competing in business today, I am buried in unhelpful technology trend books. But I had not made it out of Shuen’s Preface before realizing. . .

Continue reading Book Review: Web 2.0: A Strategy Guide →